Friday, September 7, 2007

Where Has All The Football Gone?

Here I am, with my new Vikings shirt, getting ready to do the thing I like most -- watch football on TV -- when I hear something about the Vikings game not being on TV this week? Then I learn that Comcast doesn't carry the Big Ten network, which means I'm unlikely to see a Gophers game for at least 3 more weeks. Now that swimming lessons are over and birthday party season is behind us, I was really looking forward to football to fill up my weekends. While I enjoy watching the Packers lose as much as the next person, it isn't quite as satisyfing as seeing my two favorite teams win. So, please consider buying some Vikings tickets to help out all the little kids like me.

As for what else is new with me, I am officially a biped. You'll almost never see me crawling. I used to be able to crawl faster than walk, but then I learned this thing called "running," and now I'm from here to there in a flash. I've also learned that the dogs are fun to play with (at least Emma is). She'll sit there and let me pet her, pull her ears, and bang on her with my hockey stick. Of course, I do toss her a piece of food off my high chair tray from time to time, so I guess she thinks it's worth it.

What else? I've got a few more teeth. I'm about ready for another haircut (I know someday I'll appreciate having this thick head of hair, but right now I wish it didn't grow so fast.) I'm making a lot of new sounds, not quite words yet but I'm really trying. I'm also really into giving and getting hugs and being picked up right now.

And last, but not least, I'm basically off bottles. I may still have milk in a bottle first thing in the morning, because it's easier for Mom and Dad, but otherwise it's nothing but milk and water in sippy cups.

Let me know what's up with you. Hope to see you soon.

1 comment:

Kiawahpops said...

Nick Meister,

The Vikings are not on TV!! We must have an investigation. My guess is that most of the people in Minneapolis are "up nord at the cabin". Grandpa is off to Alaska to do some serious fishing. Keep those teeth coming because I am sure there is going to be a serious fish fry in the future.