Monday, September 10, 2007

Victory! Victory! Victory!
















Wow, what a great weekend! I was so excited for the Vikings season opener that I couldn't sleep and had to wake Mom and Dad up at 5:30 am on Sunday morning. I had a bottle to calm my nerves and went back to sleep for a little bit before church. I even got to wear my new Vikings jersey to church (it never hurts to have God on your side)-- everyone in the nursery loved it! Finally, it was game time. Mom and Dad left to go somewhere called the "Metrodome" and Emma, Marta and I got to watch the game on TV with Grandma Marsha (apparently our local Fox affiliate read my last blog and decided to buy all the Vikings tickets to avoid something called a "blackout"). And for those of you who missed it, the VIKINGS WON! (Sorry to whomever thought they might lose...was that you Auntie Arica?)!

And you might think that I just jumped on the Vikings band wagon this year (I guess that would make a total of ONE new fan this year, right?) -- but no, I have been a Vikings fan for a VERY LONG TIME. To prove it, I have posted some pictures of me supporting the Vikings throughout my life.

Here's also a couple of pictures showing my support for two of my other favorite football teams -- the Hawkeyes and the Gophers -- both of which were victorious this weekend as well (although one more resoundingly than the other). My other favorite sports star, Tiger Woods, also won this weekend, but Dad won't let me wear any Tiger paraphernalia.



After all the excitement, it was back to school again this morning. We're learning more sign language this week (I already know the sign for milk and NO). In addition to all this communicating, I have decided to expand my meal plan. So far this week I have eaten a grilled cheese sandwich (Mom tricked me and said it was just bread), half a chicken nugget and a pot sticker (amongst other things). No more Gerber's for me!

Don't know what exactly, but something strange is happening around here. I had to wear long pants and new shoes (no more sandals, I guess) today, and I got new pajamas with long pants and long sleeves (see how cute they are). And it seems like it is night time a lot longer now (either that or I am going to bed really late). Probably no more trips to the pool for a while...

No comments: