Sunday, August 26, 2007

Greatest Party Weekend Ever














Wow. I can't remember the last time I partied this hard. I started Friday after work (can you say happy hour?) and didn't stop until Sunday afternoon.

On Friday, Mom, Dad, and I went to my friend Clare's house for a BLT party. (Yes, literally a bacon lettuce and tomato sandwich party.) While the adults were talking, Clare and I took turns riding her tricycle and pushing her toy lawnmower. I partied so hard, I don't even remember how I got home. Next thing I know, it's already Saturday morning.

I went to my last swimming lesson at 8:45 a.m. on Saturday. I guess I was a little worn out from the previous evening's festivities, because I wasn't as happy about it as normal, particularly when they dunked me underwater for several feet. Still all and all, I got my certificate from Teacher Kyle, which I guess means I'm ready to learn how to surf.
Right after swimming lessons, Mom and Dad rushed me out to meet my friend Heather for breakfast at the Good Day Cafe (our regular spot). She lives in Atlanta, but the last time I saw Heather was in South Carolina. Mom and Dad like her too, so it was good to see her again.
I thought that might be it for the day, but as soon as I woke up from my late morning nap, we were on the road again. This time to my Cousin Mae's birthday party; she's five. We played at the Little Gym in St. Louis Park. I ran around with all the other big kids and then ate cake. My Cousin Ella was there, too. They gave me lots of hugs.
Just when I thought things couldn't get anymore exciting, Sunday morning came and Mom and Dad dressed me up extra nice for church. Already, that's a little out of the ordinary. When we got to church, Grandma Kathy, Grandpa John, Grandma Marsha, Aunt Tara, Uncle Mark, Aunt Amy, and Mae and Ella were there waiting for me. Okay, getting stranger.
Mom and Dad didn't drop me off at the nursery but actually took me into the big room with them, and the whole family sits together right up at the front. Now I'm confused.
In the middle of the service, Mom and Dad stood up with me and introduced me to everyone else in the church. Now I'm anxious.
At the "end" of the service, everybody marched outside and down to the edge of Minnehaha Creek. Now I'm worried.
Then Mom, Dad, Mark, and Amy carried me into Minnehaha Creek where the Reverends Neil, Lou, and Mary are standing ankle deep with their white robes on. The next thing I know, I'm hanging upside down with Reverend Neil pouring water on my head. I like the Reverend Neil, but now I'm mad. Boy did I let out a scream!
I guess everybody thought what was happening to me was funny, because they started laughing. Now I'm really mad! Whatever was going on, though, seemed to be making Mom and Dad really happy, so I decided I would only cry for a little while.
After family pictures on the bank on Minnehaha Creek, everyone came back to my house for yet another party. My clothes were still a little wet, so I got to run around with just my diaper on. I played with my cousins. We were a marching band.
After everybody left, I finally had a chance to take a good long nap!

2 comments:

Kiawahpops said...

NP: Great party. Thought you might get dunked at the 10 th hole of MCC. That way you could have fished out about a dozen of Grandpa Larry's Pro-Vs. Minihaha is so Walden pondish - By the shores of Gichigoomie, by the shining sliver waters..... By the way, how does Priest Niel feel about summers off from Sunday church - check it out. I liked everything about your weekend. Sorry I missed it but glad I didn't have to wear a coat and tie.

sue and the critter crew said...

What a great way to be baptized little Nick. I loved the pictures of your family and Uncle Pete and I do so very much wish we could live closer to see you grow up.

Hugs and Kisses Aunt Sue