Monday, December 17, 2007

All I Want For Christmas Is A Playoff Run








I fear this post may be received like the Mitchell Report -- long overdue and not very interesting -- but at least I'm trying.




Much has changed, though, since the last time I posted. Most notably, the cellar dwelling Vikings are now national media darlings and in control of their own playoff destiny. (Okay, the most notable thing that has occurred is that I will have to share Mom's and Dad's attention with a new arrival in about six months, but until I meet this new person I'm not sure how I feel about that, so I'm reserving judgment.)




I write this the day of the Viking's Monday Night showdown with the Bears, so I may feel completely differently in 24 hours, but at least there is hope on the frozen tundra. If you can run the ball and stop the run, you have a chance in any game you play. Anyway, as you can see, I've already started tailgating for tonight's game.




What else is new? Dad and I have advanced to the championship game in fantasy football. It's not a team you'd ever want to see on a real field (Kurt Warner as your starting quarterback?), but it works for fantasy football. We caught a break this past week by going up against Brady and Moss the one (and probably only time) they came up empty. That's why you've got to go with indoor/warm weather game sites come playoff time (see also Derek Anderson and Braylon Edwards).




Dad continues to train for triathlons next summer; although, the biggest challenge might be convincing Mom that even an "entry level" triathlon bike costs over $1,000. Some fantasy football winnings would help to defray some of that expense, so go Fighting Amish!




I've been adjusting really well to moving up with the older kids at daycare -- especially when it comes to eating. I'm still not the best eater in the world, but at least I've expanded beyond goldfish crackers and cheese. I'm also on a fairly predictable one-nap schedule, so that Mom and Dad can plan to get things done.




As you can see from the pictures, we've put up our tree. Nothing under it yet, but I'm sure that will change soon. I've got to run -- enjoy the pictures and vote in my new polls.




4 comments:

MsAmanda said...

Yay for a new post. Nick you are getting so big--we can't wait to see you in a few weeks.

Kiawahpops said...

Nick Meister,

I hope that you didn't get caught up in atmosphere that Christmas has become and celebrated it with your parents as it was meant to be - football, food and gifts. Just kidding! The Browns and Vikes choked and now I'll probably have to watch OSU take the pipe.
I called Aunt Amy's house on Christmas Eve but your dad said you were busy assmebling some of the new toys for Mae and Ella. You'd think with Title 11 they would have been funded enough in pre-school to have gained parity already. Anyway, we miss you, Mae and Ella and hope to see you soon. You can bring Dad and Mom along if you can't find anyone to sit with them when your gone.

Grandma I said...

Hey Nick. When are we going to hear from you again. Grandma Marsha

Grandma I said...

Still no updates Nick. What have you been doing lately.

Grandma Marsha